The mostly timber framed building was built around 1650. Originally it was a barge skippers office, but now it is being used as a residence. Until about 1920, the front part of the building was a store. The back part was then already occupied as a house.
The plinth of the building is made of brick and from there they continued to build with wood. This brings the ground floor just above ground level. The height difference is bridged by small steps at the front and rear of the property. The stairs were replaced with elevated pavements, but later replaced again for wooden steps in the original shape. The fascia to the front of the house was originally, and now again, richly decorated with carvings. The fascia at the rear is more sober, but nicely decorated.