The shipbuilding hall dates from 1859. It was designed for the construction and maintenance of wooden boats. In 1964, they demolished the shed, then stored it and rebuilt it in 1967 in the Zaanse Schans. In the Shipbuilding shed one has placed completely intact coopers workshop around 1999.
Old buildings in Zaandam were almost entirely of wood. A skeleton of beams was paneled with boards. Initially as slabs, later with tongue and groove.The roof is equipped with red Dutch tiles with the front ends of the roof a wide barge was the transition between the tiles and the fascia.The shipbuilding hall, which was restored in 2009, has in reality a dimension of C.A. 7:10 at 17:10 m.