The building built in 1861, designed by the Brussels architect P. Peeters, is also known as the Black Eagle. This name, however, dates back to the 16th century when there were two buildings with a common, mainly made of wood, facade. The current building has also built a nice history.This has offered shelter to societies, shops, including a supermarket and even a military home around the 1950s. There is currently a fashion shop. It is remarkable that the appearance of the property in the past decades has changed very little.
The four windows wide building with urban look has a shield roof with dark Dutch tiles. The plastered facade is provided with natural stone plinth. Furthermore, the frontage is divided into four segments, each bounded by pilasters. The pilasters, and especially the broad consoles, keep the crown list at the right height. Above each window of the ground floor is a so-called oculus, or circular ornamentation in the plaster. The upper floor has windows with a T layout made of wood, which at that time was a common construction. On the roof, the showpiece with segmental arch in the middle, and the year of construction 1861.