Originally built in 1567 as a forerunner of what we today would call a semi-detached house. The buildings do not really share a hood, but the front and rear. In the meanwhile there is a shop located on the ground floor and there are some apartments above it. One of the apartments has a balcony that can be seen through the adjacent building as a built-in balcony.
Two connected saddle roofs with small triangle above the cornice list. The construction is made so that only the crown can be seen from the narrow street. The plastered facade with the pattern of large natural stone blocks is typical of that time. Natural stone was scarce and expensive in the Netherlands. Bricks were not expensive. Thus, one chose there method for this imitation.The property has been rebuilt and renewed many times. Not least for basic things like a sewer connection and water pipeline.