This type of railway station was built in the towns of Uithoorn, Mijdrecht and Roelofarendsveen. Although built from the same sets of drawings, the buildings differ visibly. In Roelofarendsveen, people have remained most faithful to the drawings, both during construction and the relatively short existence that followed. Because after a service period of 24 years, and another two years of vacancy, the building was already demolished in 1938. The Hoofddorp - Leiden Heerensingel railway line, which included the Roelofarendsveen station and was operated by the HSEM at the time, no longer exists at all. The station manager lived on the second and third floor in the building. All passenger-related functions and the small goods shed were on the groundfloor.
Even though the station has only been in existence for a short time, a neat building has been erected architecturally. With stone walls in cross-masonry, a strong whole was created, which is provided with both robust and decorative details in many places. For example, much attention has been paid to decorative brickwork above the frames of the first and second floors. The window frames in two colors also exude elegance and craftsmanship. The roof consists of three main elements, with all sloping roof surfaces covered with cross tiles. The gutters are finished with a slender paneling.