Built as accommodation for two working-class families in the period around 1910. Still inhabited more than 100 years later, although some of the houses are no longer in use as downstairs and upstairs apartments because the two have been converted into one dwelling. Other copies now offer accommodation to students. Modernization has also taken place in various capacities. Some buildings have double glazing in plastic frames and are insulated on the inner facades. All houses are now also equipped with a shower room, indoor toilet and a kitchen. Which at the time of design and construction was not yet self-evident or did not exist at all.
Built from Waal-sized masonry, here and there also decidedly decorative, originally neatly detailed wooden frames, decoration in the form of some plaster details and Dutch tiles in a half shield-shaped roof. That is why the downstairs and upstairs apartments were definitely sound from an architectural point of view. Because the buildings were built piece by piece, or sometimes set by set, by other contractors, they have various original differences in the detailing. Since the buildings have different owners, there are now also a whole series of non-original, divergent details to be discovered. Yet at first sight the buildings still look quite similar because they all originate from the same blueprint. A blueprint that had to comply with the then new housing law of 1901.